Covid arrangements from 19 July
Published 08:23 on 17 Jul 2021
Following the announcement of the easing of Covid restrictions on 19th July the SSC Covid committee met to discuss how this should be implemented given the high local infection rates, the use of club by non-vaccinated children, and the fact one vaccination only gives a 40% protection against catching Covid and two only 80%.
The following has subsequently been approved by the Management committee.
- 1. All members attending the club need to be willing to respect the right of other members to wear a mask and maintain social distancing while at the club and give them space to do so. If possible.
- 2. Everyone should assess their own risk from Covid before attending.
- 3. Members should not attend if they have any possibly Covid related symptoms or have been in non-protected contact with a case within 10 days. Please note the most likely symptoms (if any) are now headache, runny nose, sore throat or slight cough. Fever and loss of taste are increasingly rare.
- 4. Everyone should continue to wash hands regularly, and to wear a mask while moving around in club room until seated for a drink or meal.
- 5. Galley, bar, and similar volunteers or staff will be expected to continue to wear masks.
- 6. Capacity of the club room will be limited to 40 excluding "staff". All non-members must be signed in in the guest book as is club protocol and to allow for contact tracing if needed.
- 7. Changing rooms will remain limited to only 8 at a time. Members are reminded. to use an individual marked area to change and then move their bags to a marked off area. We recommend those that feel able to continue to arrive changed or to change outside. Current enhanced cleaning will continue.
- 8. The committee will review after August 16th.
SSC Covid Committee Chair, Jason Clark Vice Commodore.
Last updated 08:27 on 17 July 2021