- 1st Nov. beach clean and boat move cancelledThe post storm work parties have completed most of the work for boat move and beach clean. Members with craft left … Read more 1st Nov. beach clean and boat move cancelled
- Winter Berthing 2020/2021It’s time to keep all our boats safe for Winter Here’s how you can help /what you need to do Winter … Read more Winter Berthing 2020/2021
- The New Normal. An update and request from your Rear Commodore.I am sure Covid has had an impact on all of you and how you go about your daily lives. It … Read more The New Normal. An update and request from your Rear Commodore.
- 27th October – deadline to remove boats, kayaks, SUPs, Windsurf boards.
- 28th October – Winter Berthing invoices will be raised and are payable for boats not moved.
- 14th November – Deadline for nominations for the key posts on the club’s Management Committee and Sailing Committees.
- 21st November – 1am, Club AGM, venue to be confirmed but a virtual meeting is being arranged with details to follow.
- 22nd November – 11am, Active Sailors’ Meeting. Details to be advised.
All News and Notices
- 1st Nov. beach clean and boat move cancelledThe post storm work parties have completed most of the work for boat move and beach clean. Members with craft left at the club for winter berthing, please make sure your boats, kayaks etc are marked with your name so it can be read when berthed and most important with the forecast gales, check they are securely tied down. The berthing team will fix the winter berthing label … Read more 1st Nov. beach clean and boat move cancelled
- Urgent Response to Storm DamageFollowing that – the plan Further to the extensive damage to beach and boat park caused by the storm of last Thursday/Friday, there are a number of steps we have to take before any boats can return to the beach area.. There are 100s of tons of stone on the north end of the beach and under racks. The stone will need to be moved by JCB then by hand … Read more Urgent Response to Storm Damage
- Winter Berthing 2020/2021It’s time to keep all our boats safe for Winter Here’s how you can help /what you need to do Winter storms cause waves and debris up to the clubhouse… We need to move all the front row of boats to avoid damage.Please, if you can, help us by taking home boats, kayaks, windsurfers and paddleboards. Please can you do this before October 27th. After Boat move and beach … Read more Winter Berthing 2020/2021
- Know the two race marks in the baySee this page on the COVID race marks to help you identify the two race marks anchored in the bay.
- Sunday 12th Cruise – CANCELLEDTony Land is sorry to have to announce that due to the Met. Office forecasting winds WSW gusting up to 22 mph between 10:00 and 16:00 on Saturday the cruise to Studland has been cancelled.Let’s look forward to a full cruising schedule in 2021.
- Volunteers needed for Sunday 13th and future weeksWe still need volunteers on Sunday 13th to help in the bar and galley at lunchtime, as well as safety boat volunteers for the 11am race, (prep starts at 9.30am). We can’t operate without volunteers, more on that here. If you can, add yourself on the Google Sheets form (you’ll need to login), or message firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll sign up for you. We also need volunteers for future … Read more Volunteers needed for Sunday 13th and future weeks
- Sunday Race 6th Sept 2020
- Saturday 12 September – Cruise to South Bay, Studland – CANCELLEDThe final club cruise of the season is planned for Saturday 12 September. (Sorry to say that Covid 19 measures have meant that this is also only the second cruise.) Participants should meet at the Club at 10:30 for a 10:50 briefing and 11:00 launch. This is a picnic event and everyone should bring a packed lunch to enjoy on the beach.
- Tues 25th August meal at SSC
- Important Information about the revised SSC Racing ProgramAfter the success of the first Cup race, we plan to continue with Sail Racing on Sunday Mornings for the rest of the season, provided that we have enough volunteers to provide safety cover.
- The New Normal. An update and request from your Rear Commodore.I am sure Covid has had an impact on all of you and how you go about your daily lives. It has also had an impact on many aspects of how your Committees run the Sailing Club in a way that tries to get back to a new normal but recognises the importance of providing you all with a safe place to enjoy your leisure time. As Rear … Read more The New Normal. An update and request from your Rear Commodore.
- Charity Bike Ride, Support Needed.SSC member Wendy Bobbit’s brother in law and nephew, Nick and Luke, are taking part in a charity bike ride to raise funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association. The MNDA is the charity that will be supporting Graham and Wendy through their battle and it also funds research to find a cure for this cruel fatal disease. Their epic 3447 mile challenge ends at the sailing club … Read more Charity Bike Ride, Support Needed.
- New Clubhouse Entry SystemPlease be aware the card based entry system has been replaced. Entry is now by a proximity fob. These will not be sent out but only available when you next visit the club. Greg Vaughn will be at the club quite a lot including this Sunday 15th August if you want a fob programmed for you. If you have a problem such as emergency getting in contact Greg … Read more New Clubhouse Entry System
- Cup Races – Sunday 16th and 23rd AugustThere will be a Cup Race on Sunday 16th August for Handicap Fleet Boats and Lasers, at 1100. We are hopeful that Dart 18 volunteers will provide the basis of the Safety Cover for this race. If there are 4 or more Laser entries, there will be a separate Cup for Lasers. Mike Cemm will be the Team Leader. On Sunday 23rd August there will be a Cup … Read more Cup Races – Sunday 16th and 23rd August
- Sat 8th Aug: Escorted Cruise to Shep’s Hollow